Friday, February 13, 2009

Forever in My Heart

I love this picture of my dad. It's not the first time I have seen him laugh, but it is an occurrence I can probably count on one hand. My dad does not just let go and have a good hearty gut busting laugh. He chuckles and smiles but never a leg slappin', pee your pants kind of laugh. We were camping with them and Dustin and Chris' family and they happened to be playing Rook. I love taking out my camera and snapping pictures of everyone having fun and being themselves. Those kind of pictures capture the true essence of our lives, our very souls in fact. Posing is a conscious act. Candid photos capture us as our "real" selves. For all my dad's supposed gruffness, this is what is truly underneath. This picture will forever be stamped in my heart. I'll never forget the way he looks here.

6 comments:

Dakota said...

What an amazing photo! Surely it is just because he has the Rook and realized he could match moms wager of taking it ALL as usual...ha! Miss you all tons!

Eleanor said...

I love this picture of Dad! What a good catch, thanks for posting it so we all can enjoy it! :)

Grandpa Van - Grandma Greta said...

That is a GREAT picture. We all need to laugh more.

Book Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Book Girl said...

Your creativity with a camera and your voice in the stories you tell reflect your artistic gift.
Well done little sis...I love and miss you.

Book Girl said...

I can't get over this picture of dad!I would really like a copy. I need this amazing photo you captured of dad so I can look at it often and see him having fun.