Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Admiration in the Moonlight

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” Oscar Wilde



I was out getting wood tonight and couldn't help but notice the luminous moon rising over the blue ridge of the mountains. Every now and then, when I least expect it, I am fortunate enough to have small moments that stir my soul and remind me that in this vast universe there is a God who loves and is mindful of us. I am glad for those moments. Tonight as I sat admiring the majesty of the ascending moon, I couldn't help but be reminded of this truth.

Can any man who has walked beneath the stars at night, can anyone who has seen the touch of spring upon the land doubt the hand of divinity in creation? So observing the beauties of the earth, one is wont to speak as did the Psalmist: "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge." (Ps. 19:1-2.) — Elder Gordon B. Hinckley, General Conference April 1978

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hailey you are such a sweetie...and such a poet yourself, you are so much like the person I would love to be, almost like you just popped right out of a Anne of Green Gables movie! It is probably my favorite movie and I would have loved to live in that time period when women were so proper and men were such gentlemen. Thanks for being such a beautiful person and wonderful example to me!

Chrissijc said...

That is the coolest picture. I love it! I love all of your Anne of Green Gables quotes. I love the books.