Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'm Alive!

Okay, so I know I haven't posted anything since forever ago, but I just thought I would let everyone know...I'M ALIVE! I am not always present mentally but physically I'm still around. Let's see....what's been going on. Well, I started a new job at the senior center. I am their new site manager. It has a big title, but it's the easiest job I've ever had. I enjoy being around the elderly people. If you're having a crappy day, they are sure to pick you up. Where else can you go and be the best looking one there?

Mostly I have disappeared from the blogging world lately because we are going through infertility treatments again. We decided to take a break for a few months, but we are back at it. Almost every waking moment I have revolves around my body, which day it is, what medicine do I take or inject, traveling to and from Idaho Falls for ultrasounds, and to Boise for the IUI treatments (fancy word for artificial insemination). Physically it is not that bad, tiring at times having to travel to IF three times in one week, but stubbing my toe is more painful. Emotionally it is a whole other matter. Jason says he's never seen someone go from laughing to yelling to crying in less than a minute. I'm blaming it all on the ramped up hormones. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. For a while I just didn't have anything nice to say, but I've decided that it is easier to share what is going on than to act like everything is always hunky dory. This was our first try doing the IUI and it didn't work. Each month it is always hard to hear, but this last month I think I took it the hardest. I'm good now. Ready to put my shoulder to the wheel again. Mostly I just wanted to thank everyone for their prayers and their kind words of encouragement.

2 comments:

Book Girl said...

Yes, you are alive and life is unfair. Who ever imagined that growing up could be so hard and painful? Everyone thinks enduring junior high or high school is tough...ha! Surviving the up's and down's of being a adult is bittersweet, frustrating, exciting and hard work. Hang in there little sis...I know good things are coming your way. You deserve at least six little "good things" all yelling, "mommy, feed me!" "mommy, I stink!" "mommy, little Hailey just bit me!"

Anonymous said...

Good luck with everything Hailey, we think of you guys often and truly know the frustration! Know that regardless of the future we are always here wishing you the very best :D

- dakota